Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University / Kerala Technological university KTU First year (S1 S2) B.tech Syllabus for Electronics Engineering Workshop (EC110). Minimum Of 8 is Mandatory from list given below
1. Familiarization/Identification of electronic components with specification (Functionality, type, size, colour coding, package, symbol, cost etc. [Active, Passive, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-mechanical, Wires, Cables, Connectors, Fuses, Switches, Relays, Crystals, Displays, Fasteners, Heat sink etc.)
2. Drawing of electronic circuit diagrams using BIS/IEEE symbols and introduction to EDA tools, Interpret data sheets of discrete components and IC’s, Estimation and costing.
3. Familiarization/Application of testing instruments and commonly used tools. [Multimeter, Function generator, Power supply, CRO etc.] [Soldering iron, De-soldering pump, Pliers, Cutters, Wire strippers, Screw drivers, Tweezers, Crimping tool, Hot air soldering and de- soldering station etc.]
4. Testing of electronic components [Resistor, Capacitor, Diode, Transistor, UJT and JFET using multimeter.]
5. Inter-connection methods and soldering practice. [Bread board, Wrapping, Crimping, Soldering - types - selection of materials and safety precautions, soldering practice in connectors and general purpose PCB, Crimping.]
6. Printed circuit boards (PCB) [Types, Single sided, Double sided, PTH, Processing methods, Design and fabrication of a single sided PCB for a simple circuit with manual etching (Ferric chloride) and drilling.]
7. Assembling of electronic circuit/system on general purpose PCB, test and show the functioning(Any Four circuits)
Fixed voltage power supply with transformer, rectifier diode, capacitor filter, zener/IC regulator.
LED blinking circuit using a stable multi-vibrator with transistor BC 107.
Square wave generation using IC 555 timer in IC base.
Sine wave generation using IC 741 OP-AMP in IC base.
RC coupled amplifier with transistor BC 107. 6. AND and NAND gates in diode transistor logic.