Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technological University / Kerala Technological university KTU First year (S1 S2) B.tech Syllabus for ENGINEERING PHYSICS LAB (PH110)
1. Study of application of Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (CRO) for Frequency and Amplitude measurements. Lissajeous figures (useful for different types of polarized light.)
2. Temperature measurement – Thermocouple
3. Measurement of strain using strain gauge and Wheatstones bridge.
Waves, Oscillations and Ultrasonics
4. Wave length and velocity measurement of ultrasonic waves in a liquid using ultrasonic diffractometer.
5. The LCR Circuit – Forced and damped harmonic oscillations.
6. Meldes string apparatus. Measurement of frequency in the transverse and longitudinal mode.
7. Wave length measurement of a monochromatic source of light using Newton’s Rings method.
8. Determination of refractive index of a liquid using Newton’s Rings apparatus.
9. Determination of diameter of a thin wire or thickness of a thin strip of paper using air wedge method.